Power Their Potential

Many of us say that we want to make a difference, but we simply do not know how. What if I told you that for as little as $1, you could help a child have hope? What if I told you that for the price of your Starbucks coffee, you could ensure that a child received an education? What if I told you that for the price you paid for lunch, you could give a child a future?

When I was in Uganda, I had the opportunity to observe a few classes. These amazing kids and their dedicated teacher captured my heart immediately. The first thing I noticed was how the students sat quietly while the teacher talked. However, when she engaged them, the students were so enthusiastic. Despite the large class size, it was obvious that the students were learning and treasured their time in the classroom.
In Uganda, education is not free. Children even have to pay for elementary school. Many of the children in these pictures were at school because their caregiver has made great personal sacrifices to ensure that they receive an education. Many families make only $2 a day, and elementary school may cost $60 a year. For families with multiple children, caregivers often have to choose which child gets to go to school.
Some of these kids are only in school because they have worked to earn their school fees. I met a young girl that carried large containers of water (like the one pictured below) for her own family, then spent days carrying water for others in her village to earn the money to attend school.
Fields of Dreams Uganda is raising money for our Ekisa Scholarship fund. Our goal is to raise $20,000. When you give, all you have to do is pick a number on the donation link below. You can give $1 or $200. My youngest child (7 years old) is giving $5 to help a child remain in school. No amount is too small.
If you make a donation, please message me so that I can send you a thank you note!!!!! Feel free to share this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Good Enough

Deliverance

Thanks for the Cake