Solitude - Art and Emotion

I love to take pictures, but I know that I am not a professional photographer.  I've never taken a photography class.  I take pictures for fun.  In some ways, I feel like a photography class would ruin the fun for me.  I am such a perfectionist that if I learn there is a "right way" to take pictures, I will feel compelled to take perfect pictures. So for now, I just use my camera to capture the moment when I see something beautiful.  I learn by trial and error. 

I recently told a group of kids something about art that I am trying to believe myself.

At my kids' school, I volunteer to teach art (I can barely draw a stick figure - luckily the curriculum we use is so good that my lack of artistic ability is not a problem).  In the first lesson this year, I told the kids that I did not want them to get frustrated if they thought their art was not as good as their classmates.  I told them that art is not good or bad.  Art is about how you feel - how you feel when you create it, how you feel when you look at it.  I told them that they can like someone's art or they can dislike it, but we will not say art is good or bad - we will recognize that art just "is." 

As a part of this blog, I've decided to share some photos that convey emotion because sometimes words are not enough.  I suppose this is allowing me to be "free to be creative."   




Solitude.  Desolate. Beautiful.   




Pilot Mountain, NC 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Good Enough

Deliverance

Top Ten Ways To Support Your Pastor and Their Family